Group Statement of Safeguarding Principles
The Church of England and the Methodist Church work in partnership with other Christian Churches and other agencies in delivering safeguarding. The following statement of principles appears at the head of each safeguarding policy:
We are committed to:
The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children, young people and all adults;
o The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and all adults;
o The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse.
To this end:
• We will carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with the principles of Safer Recruitment. We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that any adult, child or young person may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
• We will seek to offer informed pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have been abused, including their feelings of alienation and / or isolation.
• We will seek to protect survivors of abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse.
• We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of respect and responsibility, where they are trusted by others.
• We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our Church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult who is vulnerable.
Each of our PCC re-adopted this statement of principles at a joint meeting in June 2018
In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice
Copies of our policies and procedures are available in the Vestry
Information is available on our noticeboards
If you have any worries or concerns, please do speak to a member of the Clergy Team, a Church Warden or to the Parish Safeguarding Officer
PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICERS
Saint John the Evangelist, Brigg Mrs. Delia Crosby 07564 596896
Saint Mary the Virgin, Wrawby Mrs. Clare Slatter 07921 909296
All Saint, Cadney-cum-Howsham Mrs. Debbie Clark 01652 678768
Saint Clements, Worlaby Mrs. Maureen Rickwood 01652 618142
Saint Andrews, Bonby Mrs. Carolynne Hannabuss 01652 618141